Grand_Salon_front
DSC_0182

Château Rothschild

Built in 1856 by James de Rothschild, Château Rothschild was a gathering place for the financial and economic elite in Paris. By the start of the Second World War, the Germans annexed the Château to install their munitions store.
After the war ended, the Rotschild family no longer wished to live there, and progressively sold the grounds surrounding the Château.

The Château was opened to the public for the first time on the occasion of the European Heritage Days 2017. Thanks to HistoPad, the first visitors were able to plunge into 360° reconstructions of the rooms as they were back in the 1930’s, at the Time of Miriam-Alexandrine.

Website: novaxia.fr
Date: 2017